NCIFT MEETING MINUTES
Meeting Minutes November 3, 2017
Meeting was brought to order at 6:00PM at the Casa Orozco in Dublin, CA.
- Reshmi‐ Volunteer committee
- Adley – Student Representative UC Davis
- Holiday Mixer (December 6th), want to reach out to all NCIFT members and university students
- NCIFT Holiday Dinner (December 7th) Some students registering
- Picnic Day Event‐ Ice‐cream (April) need permit form Cal Department Agriculture.
- Factory tour Renaissance Foods‐vegetable and food co‐packer
- Brad reviewed old budgets and proposed the new budget for this fiscal year.
- Cruess Fund income for student awards (need to set up separate account in our bank so it only goes to scholarships) 510C6 Requirement
- Travel Grant Income from last year‐ error
- Membership Dues‐ Increased form 15 to 20$ from last year reason for increased revenue
- Education Awards‐ Fresno State was not in our section but we supported them need to review
- Hornblower Fees‐ Move towards an online only Hornblower
- Marketing and design->Hornblower->potentially move to an online publication. (Check hyperlinks on website). Figure out cost for digital only production. If you want a print copy could be an added cost to your membership dues.
- Send a survey to companies who advertise we are focusing on our environmental impact and want better distribution to our members. Transitional ‐digital/paper for one year and if successful send out a survey to determine which format would be more useful.
Erin Motioned to approve the budget Craig seconded to approve budget. -> Budget approved
- Directors at large and chair elect-> need to renew and find new members to volunteer
- Social Media Chair
- Visit UC Davis to discuss awards with students –date TBD
- National IFT achievement award nominations due December 18 please nominate people who are eligible for it.
- Jaspreet/Brad‐ Create a separate account for Cruess Fund at Wells Fargo
- Elaine Chow‐ Holiday Party (Photo Booth?)
- Jaspreet/Brad‐Submit budget to IFT Thursday
- Brad/Carol: Hornblower Fees‐> Move towards digital format– connect with advertisers verify that they would still want to be a part of it
- Holiday Party –Next year get sponsorship and revenue, do a holiday party using our non‐profit benefits new location
- Directors at large and chair elect-> 3 directors at large and a president elect by January in order to be on the ballot at IFT.
- Jaspreet/Bianca‐work on developing new involvement and assigning a champion with industry connections for low attendance areas
- Craig‐ Education Committee -> Have suppliers give presentations in a general and showcase new companies. (ex: Chirps Chips‐ cricket chips, FSMA sanitation process)‐ Possible monthly event
- Brad/Craig->Craig‐ reach out to Mike McCarthy, Brad Send something out for the following idea: National IFT Mixer‐ Possible split ownership event‐ NCIFT Networking event. Washington/San Joaquin/Southern CA/Oregon #WestCoastBestCoast Mixer -> Connect with other chapters and Cindy for support.
- Work with Imelda to post on website and post
This year lets follow up on our goals and actions.
*Need more advertising and announcements for all our events
- Sign in sheet‐Add a member yes/no column for attendance. Bring a non‐member to encourage new membership.
- Carol/Erin IFT‐ Volunteers has changed the way they signed up. Carol suggests that the other sections get a chance to host so we can rotate through the sections. Only rotates through a few locations LA/Vegas/Chicago/New Orleans/Atlanta/Dallas.
- December 7, 2017 Holiday Dinner-> Wente Holiday Party 65$ for preregistering
- 1/22/18 Fancy food show‐ RCA/NCIFT Gathering
- 2/21/17 CLFP Luncheon/Executive Committee Meeting Speaker‐ Parastoo Yaghamee
- 3/1/18 Student award banquet – UCD
- 3‐4/xx/18 NCIFT Member Social‐ Fairfield Industry Event
- 6/xx/18‐ American Association of Candy Technologists. Possible event. ->Action item above.
- 5/7‐8/18 NCIFT Suppliers Night 5/8 and Golf Event 5/7
- 7/15‐18/18‐ NCIFT Section Gathering
- National IFT Mixer‐ Possible split ownership event‐ NCIFT Networking event. Southern CA/Oregon #WestCoastBestCoast Mixer -> Connect with other chapters and Cindy for support.
Executive Committee Meetings
- 12/7/17‐Holiday meeting before holiday dinner
- 2/21/18 ‐CLFP After Luncheon in neighboring hotel
- 4/xx/18‐ invitation to follow
- 7/x/18 ‐Meeting at IFT
- 8/xx/18‐ Planning meeting
- December Event IFT President Cindy is visiting –provide wine/snacks/recap of agenda/goals/feedback/opportunity to have her support/NCIFT Cactus networking event.
Meeting adjourned at 7:40 PM
Next meeting-> December 7th Pre holiday party